Sunday, February 15, 2009

Dosti - Just Like That !!


कोई कैसे कहे.... दोस्ती क्या है....

My best fren workng in mumbai got to know that I'm planning to move out of the town. 12:30 in the morning on a bright Tuesday. Was Moved when I heard her crying, unconsolably. And, lo, she was here on saturday afternoon.

Honestly, one of the best days in th past couple of months...A Relaxed Sunday completely. The way I love it. Wake up at 1030..... bread butter maggi at 1100 hrs.... and a nostalgic session of reviewing the hundreds of snaps filmed in the glorious 4 yrs[2001 -2005] of my college, rather engg life (coz it has hardly bin an engineer's life since then).

Never have I loved tea more than this day where I had 4 mugs of the 2nd favorite Ginger lemon black shot at Barista. 6 hrs at a stretch at a chair(and u thot i was unstable). Discussed every single thing that has happened, that is happening, or like a drunken astrologer, is about to happen. There are rare few times when you can be completely urself, cut loose and let go...
This was one of them ... three frens after a long time on a coffee meet , when one of them is leaving.....freakin good time.

My fren from mumbai is one who's seen me at all times, raw, in and out. she was the one i used to console when i joined my first job in pune and she was looking out.... and damn the tables turn so well.... we sat at the same bus stop exactly 3 yrs later... she's well settled with the top bank in India as a Biz Analyst, and im looking.....Like Nikhil says..'Fate, is not without a sense of irony' !!

So True. But then the best part is a Daaru and smoke with a Pizza parcel on a stranded bus stop at Fergusson College Road at late evenings... No where in India can you find peace to sit at a public place and booze with pizza. Unconcerned unsung unmourned life...one that we love.

We've grown irate with time. Living a loner for the past 8 yrs i've learned to make my peg myself[pun intended]. but when a b'tender makes a wrong combination , you tend to take case left rite center. A sound of mixer grinder at the coffee shop, maid banging the door suddenly, the bike ahead taking a sudden turn, call drop, baby of the guy in the seat ahead crying during the movie, socks disappearing in the morning..... anything is good enough to make ur BP soar by good 20 points and you end up banging your fist out and loud ..WHAT THE FUCK !!

And then, Shaadi, the much feared issue amongst all 5 of us. We fear shaadi like nothing else. Lived a free life all the while. then when we had everything and no money. now when we have money and nothing else. So now, when u talk shaadi, all we accomplished souls take a guard.... not that we fear responsibility, but then that we fear answerability somewhere or the else.... some one fears the unpredictability of life ahead, the other cries foul on sex, someone is not too sure whom to be with , to be or not to be is just another big question...and ME, a self proclaimed authority on relationships went on and on giving gyaan to these two poor souls, who lend me all the resources of confidence, unadulterated, unbiased, leaving no holes barred. ...

So dodging all of this, I've reached my den, as a ritual I've had my tonic... am feeling good. felt happy that i've got a few caring people around, that i can drink in peace. So I'm here reciting all the jazz to u.... so tht u dont have to complain ki 'bataya nahi'.

YANNI playing Until the last moment.... a couple of sips left....n I cant sleep...


JUST LIKE THAT ...


No comments: